Now this was a surprise. The nice kind, not the “Can you start the presentation today” kind. Over to She at This Door Is Alarmed: thank you, thank you!
I loved reading her post, and all the seriously creative answers She has. (She, that pun on your name was too good to pass.) On the flip side, my uncreative mind took so long to work up the courage to attempt her questions. Nonetheless, we shall do our best and think within the box. Because of reasons.
~ THE RULES ~
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Display the award on your post
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blogging
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Answer the questions given to you
- Nominate 5-11 other blogs for this award
- Ask them creative and unique questions of your own
- List the rules and inform your nominees of the award
~ Why I Blog ~
In the first Liebster, I said that the love of cooking and writing made me passionate about blogging. That is still true, but since then I’ve had my days of staring at the white screen, wondering why I decided this was a good idea. But it often just takes one conversation, one comment, one post, to make me remember why I started this. Knowing someone out there is finding these simple little recipes useful and helpful is all I need.
~ 10 Random Facts ~
I’ve come to realize that I’m an extremely un-random person.
1. I’ve never had an iPhone. I really can’t handle those weird things without a “Back” button. But I am jealous of the camera.
2. After stopping my piano lessons when I was 14, I didn’t touch a piano for one whole year. I always hate instruments when I am taking lessons but love them afterwards.
3. I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue. (You just tried it, didn’t you?)
4. I used to want twelve children. (I don’t anymore, just for clarification, Miss M.)
5. I’m convinced that one day I’ll go blind. I have horrible eyesight
and still read in the dark.
6. I had a pet gerbil once. She died and I saved a tiny tuft of fur which I still have (somewhere).
7. The contrasts between night and day are my favourite parts of living in a city.
8. Despite being an Asian living in Asia, I had two years of Spanish in high school (and even learned the salvation plan in Spanish, complete with verses. Don’t ask me for them now, though.)
9. My least worry is going bald.
10. I love hospitals.
~ She’s Questions ~
1. How straight is straight? Straight is how you stand when your flag flies high. Straight is how tall you walk when you’re facing trouble. Straight is how hard you work when you’ve been defeated. Straight is how firm you are when others do not understand what you stand for.
2. What would you think I was referring to if I told you to ‘put it down’? Your food. Of course.
3. Why are swans graceful? Well, you see, long ago there was a little swan who ate a girl named Grace. Afterwards, she was…full of grace.
4. Would you be a superhero or a sidekick, and what would your name be? A sidekick; “Sidekick” just to mess with their heads. (“Who’s his sidekick?” “Sidekick.” “Yeah, who?”)
5. If you could remove one letter from the English alphabet, what would it be, and what consequences do you see coming from it? I’d take out ‘I’. Can you just imagine…
6. What was the last thing you lost and never found? What do you imagine has happened to it? My privacy, when I started this blog. I haven’t got a clue what has happened to it, and it worries me sometimes.
7. What significance does the number seven have to you? What memories do you associate with it? Dinner at seven o’clock; going to church on Sunday (seventh/or first day of the week). Mostly family memories.
8. Young and completely broke or old and disgustingly rich? Young and broke; at least I still have opportunities to live for something other than money.
9. If a giant squirrel had commandeered your mode of transportation, whether car, moped, bike etc., and seemed to know how to make it work, what would you do to stop him? Offer him a nut if he would take me to my destination. I don’t care to drive.
10. If you had your own coat of arms, what would I expect to find on them to describe you/ your family? Musical instruments, books, a funny-looking building, and a hand grenade.
Whew, that was hard. I hope you’ll pardon my all-too-random answers. My life isn’t random but my answers sometimes are.
I am nominating Tea Is Fun, Write Your Destiny, Life by the Pages, Meditations in Motion, and How To Be An Okay Person for this award. There isn’t any obligation to participate, but it is just a way of saying “Thank you!” from me for your blog posts, our interactions, and the fact that you actually read this.
~ My Questions for Nominees ~
1. When did you mess everything up and no one ever realized it was you?
2. What are you most proud of?
3. What colour is Monday?
4. What does childhood smell like?
5. If you could pick up one skill at the snap of your fingers, what would it be?
6. Did you have a childhood pen pal and do you still keep in touch?
7. What is the dumbest way you have been injured?
8. If you could go to the future or the past for one day, which would it be?
9. What is the most useless talent you have?
10. If you suddenly realised all your thoughts were visible thought bubbles, what would be the first thing you would do?
Yes, now you may get a cup of coffee.